Whatever the riding scene may be, the next-generation standard rides on
A design that evokes a unique mood, featuring black parts that stand out.
While being a standard model, the always attractive presence of the RYD proudly features SHOEIfs technology and know-how through and through, making a pleasurable ride a reality.
Anywhere, with any bike. Ride together with the RYD in the city or on long touring.
Main Characteristics of RYD
A precisely calculated, attractive design
- The flowing lines with edges in the sharp form around the jawbone area give an aggressive impression for a design with a feeling of strength.
- Comparing this helmet with our previous model, we were able to create a more compact shell, and we took measures such as coloring the ventilation components black, in the pursuit of a visually compact design as well.
Wind drawn into the helmet even when riding on hot days, for a comfortable ride
- Ventilation is one of the key points of the RYD design. Wind is drawn in from two intake ports on the front of the helmet and comes out from two outlets in the back, letting out the hot air inside the helmet.
- The lower air intake at the base of the mouth lets air drawn in flow inside the shield, acting as a defroster to eliminate shield fogging.
Shield that makes simple operation with a clear field of vision through optical design a reality
- By changing the curvature on certain components through our optical design, this helmet features the CWR-1 shield, which makes clear line of sight with a minimum of curvature a reality. Blocks 99% of incoming ultraviolet light.
- The ribs equipped on the top and bottom edges of the shield eliminate bending when riding due to wind pressure and twisting when opening and closing the shield, allowing the shield to open and close smoothly.
- QR-E shield base allows the shield to be easily removed and fixed. The dial on the base can be used for fine adjustment of the shield position.
- The window beadings which seal to the shield are separated to upper and side. This offers more flexibility and improves the seal on the shield, minimizing wind noise.
PINLOCK EVO lens
A PINLOCK® EVO lens that protects against shield fogging is provided as standard.
This ensures a clear field of vision by reducing fogging even in situations where shield fogging is likely to occur.
Interior stays clean with full-removable pads
Soft touch and firm grip for a comfortable ride
- The center pad, cheek pad, ear pad and chinstrap cover are all removable and can be cleaned.
- The interior surface is made of napped fabric. With its soft touch, this material rubs gently against your skin when you take off and put on your helmet.
- Three-dimensional urethane pads allow the entire interior to firmly grip the riderfs head in place, offering a comfortable fit.
- Even softer urethane is used for the parts inside the helmet that come into contact with the temples of your eyeglasses. This reduces the pressure on your temples, making it easier to wear glasses.
In the event that the rider needs medical assistance, this system allows another person to quickly provide medical help. Although prompt action is required when offering medical assistance to the rider, the riderfs helmet must be removed with great care. The E.Q.R.S. provides a special ribbon on the cheek pads that can be pulled during a medical emergency to easily detach the cheek pads from the helmet. By pulling off the cheek pad that holds the riderfs cheek in place, the helmet can be removed from the riderfs head with ease.